5 Perfect Uses For Perfect Bound Brochures
All businesses utilise many different forms of advertising and marketing methods and materials to get themselves noticed in the marketplace. One of the tried, trusted, and proven marketing materials is the printed brochure or catalogue which can be produced in many formats and finishes, with different sizes, covers and binding options. So, how do you choose which format is best for your publication? If you are printing a manual of some sort, a portfolio, or an annual report, for example, then perfect binding is probably your best choice. Here are some aspects of perfect bound brochures for you to consider:
What Is Perfect Binding?
Firstly, let’s establish just what ‘perfect binding’ is. It is a process used by bookmakers and printers to bind together individual sheets of print using an adhesive to hold a set, or ‘signature’ of folded sheets together. These signatures are then stacked and the edges are scuffed, or roughened, to provide a suitable surface to apply the clean adhesive thus forming the spine of the book around which a cover is wrapped. Once the glue has dried, the sides are trimmed to create the finished book or publication. Perfect binding is an ideal process for many forms of publication, especially magazines or multi-paged catalogues.
- Professional Finish – Perfect bound publications have a clean, smooth, and stylish finish that suggests quality.
- Easy To Display – Publications constructed with perfect binding have a spine wide enough to print on and can therefore display the publication name and author, keeping your title boldly displayed when the publication is on a shelf or stacked.
- Cost Effective – As opposed to some other binding techniques, perfect binding is suitable for relatively small print runs which allows for high quality printing on a smaller budget.
Typical Uses For Perfect Bound Brochures
This form of binding is ideal when producing brochures of any kind – here are some examples of brochure that benefit form perfect binding:
- Company Reports – If you are producing annual reports for shareholders and staff, then perfect bound brochures display that corporate, professional image you need.
- Training Manuals – The design and quality of finish of perfect bound brochures lends itself to printed training manuals – again it offers that ‘corporate formality’ you want to convey with your manual.
- Exhibition Catalogues – You can create appealing exhibition guides and catalogues with the professional image you want to convey to prospective clients and customers.
- Product Catalogues and Calendars – Perfect bound catalogues and calendars are ideal marketing items for your business – corporately branded publications like these are perfect to send to your customers displaying your products in a smart, professional manner and reinforcing your brand image.
- Instruction Brochures or Manuals – If you are printing instructional brochures of any kind – perhaps recipe books or DIY booklets – then the hardy quality of the strong perfect binding is ideal for these publications that may be handled frequently by different people.
Perfect bound brochures, when produced with high-quality paper types, are guaranteed to catch the attention and interest of clients from cover to cover. They are ideal for showcasing a new selection of products or to use at your next big business event, or for your new marketing campaign. All your clients will be impressed with the look and luxury finish of your brochures.
It is not always easy to source cheap printing services in London, but it is always worth speaking to your printing company in London who can furnish you with all the details and benefits of perfect binding.
DL Graphics – who are we and how can we help?
It is possible to find a print provider to produce your perfect bound brochures in London at an affordable price and here at DL Graphics we have got you covered. We are a printing service company and print shop in central London who provide a wholistic concept to client service. Established in 1989, we have been trading and evolving for 32 years, specialising in creative & artwork, print & distribution, and interactive & online. So, if you’re looking for some printing services for your branding and marketing communications, from large format posters, to brochures, to business stationary, or are simply looking for inspiration, our printing service and online print shop is the place for you! Call us on 02072423337 or email email@example.com or use our contact form and we will get back to you within 24 hours.